Parent to Parent Network was formed by families, for families, and is governed by families.
All services are provided FREE of CHARGE. Join other families. . . become powered!
History of Parent to Parent Network
In September 1998 a group of parents and staff from Health and Human Resources met to prepare a grant to fund Parent to Parent Network. Through these efforts, a grant application was submitted and accepted for the development of a family organization in Region IV.
In May of 2000, Parent to Parent Network received their 501(c)3 status and became incorporated as a non-profit organization. Since then, Parent to Parent has expanded its staff to include an Executive Director, Family Coordinator, Family Care Partners, and a Wrap Fidelity Index Evaluator.
Parent to Parent Network is a non-profit organization created by and for families that reside in Northeast Nebraska and who are raising, or are primary caregivers for, children with behavioral/emotional challenges including social, emotional, mental, substance abuse, and gambling.
Who We Are
- We believe children and their families can be successful and families/caregivers are the experts on their children’s needs and should be the main-decision-makers for their children.
- We understand the struggles and barriers that parents face when accessing services and supports for their children in schools, the “system” and in their own communities because we too, have children with unique needs.
- We also have children with unique needs; have lived experience in situations you may be going through.
- We understand the importance of being able to talk to a nonjudgmental person who understands the challenges we face at home, with schools, and in the community.
- We are dedicated to strengthening and empowering families by providing access to resources, support, advocacy, and education.
- We want you to live in the HOPE that peer support can offer!
- Our mission is to provide effective peer support services for families and children in Northeast Nebraska, and to empower families to embrace life in a positive, whole and self-valuing manner.
Board of Directors
Dan Fuerhoff, Professional
Bev Ferguson, Liberty Centre
Joel Carlson, Attorney
Mark Claussen, School Psychologist @NPS
Courtney Beaudette, Parent
Parent to Parent Network Staff
Scott Lambrecht, Executive Director, FPSP
Shannon Walker, Business Manager, FPSP
Shawn Johnson, Administrative Assistant
JoAnn Pieper, Office Manager (in memory of her)